Lobuche East Peak Climbing is a very thrilling experience. There are two distinct Lobuche peaks viz. Lobuche East (6,119m/ 20,075ft) and Lobuche West (6,145m/ 20,161ft). Lobuche East is a mere 26 metres (85 ft) higher than Lobuche West. And between the two peaks there is a long deeply notched ridge. Lobuche East Peak is one of the popular and easy to climb peaks in Nepal. This peak looks magnificent and offers countless route choices.
When seen from Pheriche, the dark triangle of its rocky east face rises above the moraines of the Khumbu Glacier towards the icy skyline. This skyline forms a junction between south ridges of the east face with the glaciated southwest face. Therefore, this is taken as the normal route of ascent. This route then, subsequently, leads to the summit ridge. Further along northwest from the top of the east faces climbing through several small summits and ultimately to the east peak roof.
Lobuche East Peak Climbing: Gaining Popularity
After a scenic mountain flight from Kathmandu to Lukla, you will begin the trek through Dudh Kosi valley to Namche Bazaar. After Namche Bazaar we follow the same route to Kala Pattar (5545 m), Everest Base Camp and set up the camp at Lobuche Base Camp. Here, we will have our own kitchen and Sherpa fixes the tents. Our guide will brief about the climb and logistics. Next day morning our climbing to Lobuche East peak begins and normally it takes 2 days to summit the peak.
- From the summit, you will enjoy magnificent views of Everest (8848 m), Ama Dablam (6856m), Kantega (6809m), Kwangde (6194m), Nuptse (7879m), and Lhotse (8511m).
- Other highlights of trekking and peak climbing trip to the Everest region is the exploration of pristine Sherpa villages, lively Sherpa culture and serene Buddhist monasteries along the route.
- 6-7 hours every day walking up to Everest Base Camp.
- You don't need to have any previous climbing experience to climb Lobuche peak. However, outdoor experience and a high level of fitness are essential.
- The itinerary of this trip has been designed professionally, taking you to the summit via Namche Bazaar, Tengboche, Dingboche, Lobuche, Everest Base Camp, and Kalapatthar, which allows you enough days to get proper acclimatization.
Day 01 Arrive in Kathmandu & transfer to Hotel
Day 02 Fly Kathmandu to Lukla (2,860m) and trek to Phakding (2610m)
Day 03 Trek Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440m)
Day 04 Rest and acclimatization; Visit Hillary Museum and Everest View Point
Day 05 Trek from Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3870m)
Day 06 Trek to Dingboche (4,410m/14468ft) 5-6hrs
Day 07 Trek to Lobuche (4,910m/16108ft) 5-6hrs
Day 08 Trek from Lobuche to High Base Camp (5,400m)
Day 09 Summit Lobuche East Peak (6,119m) & Back to Lobuche Base Camp
Day 10 Lobuche to Namche Bazaar
Day 11 Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2,860m)
Day 12 Fly back from Lukla to Kathmandu (1,300m) & Transfer to Hotel
Day 13 Transfer to Airport for Final Departure