Some remote areas in Nepal particularly those of trans-Himalayan are strictly controlled by the government of Nepal for the entry by foreigners for trekking. The people of those places have so far preserved their own life and culture which is very similar to the culture of Tibet and to prevent this special culture, foreigners are restricted and the security of the border area is another major concern of not allowing the foreigners to visit these areas unless they pay for a special permit for trekking and the trip is organized only through a government registered trekking company. The trans-Himalayan areas are still remained unspoiled or unexplored and full of wilderness. The lives of the local inhabitants have rarely changed despite there has been much changed in the outside world with the development of science and technology.
To get permits to trek into restricted area requires at least two trekking members along with government certified trekking guide and necessary porters. Restricted Area trekking trails usually fall at the border of Nepal and Tibet. Upper Mustang, Manaslu and Dolpo region are the restricted area for trekking in the west part of Nepal. Restricted Area trekking in Nepal is quite challenging and requires full physical fitness and stamina.
Below are some of the adventurous restricted area treks in Nepal where Himalayan Global Expedition Pvt. Ltd organizes full board trekking providing with tents, food, necessary porters and permits. In the east of Nepal most of the trailheads for remote areas are connected either by road or flights and some of the restricted areas particularly those of western parts of the country are connected by flights.
- Should fulfill certain formalities to obtain a special permit
- Most of the places almost untouched, unexplored & full of wilderness
- Should walk through the medieval villages, impressive lakes, Buddhist Monasteries,
- Experience unspoiled trans-Himalayan culture & the traditional lifestyle of the people
- Encounter Blue Sheep, Mountain goats, Jackal, wolf, snow leopard, and wild birds
- All the treks to the restricted area is quite challenging & one should be fit and have the stamina
Restricted Area Trek Packages
- Lower Dolpo Trekking is one of the challenging treks offering a chance to explore the far west Karnali ...Duration: 19 Days
- Upper Dolpo trekking is a long and less-traveled route in the Dolpo region of Nepal. Himalayan Global Expedition ...Duration: 27 Days
- Upper Mustang Trek takes you to ‘The Forbidden Kingdom’, with barren landscapes adjoining Nepal border with the Tibetan ...Duration: 18 Days
- Manaslu Circuit Trek is one of the most spectacular treks in the Himalaya; reward the adventurous with an ...Duration: 16 Days