Langtang region, located between the icy glaciers of the Nepalese Himalaya and the Tibetan border, is considered the third most popular trekking region in Nepal after Everest and Annapurna. Trekking to Langtang area is perfect for beginners and those with a short holiday in Nepal. Langtang region offers easy to challenging numerous trekking trails with long, steep climbs and descents, often through deep rhododendron and oak forests. En- route trekkers need to cross glacier Mountains and visit interesting indigenous villages with well-established lodges for an overnight stay. The main highlight of the region is to explore nature, culture and involve in an adventure.
Langtang, as described by Bill Tilman, a famous explorer and climbing associate of Eric Shipton, is one of the world’s most beautiful valleys. It is green, abundant in beautiful flora and small indigenous communities inhabited in the valley. The Sherpa and Tamang people are the permanent inhabitants of this region. Trekkers get a glimpse of their unique culture, religious practices, language and costumes resembling the people of Tibet. The traditional industry of cheese production and its transport to Tibet and Kathmandu support the local economy. The views of the mountain range while walking is stunning. During the trek, one will find some prayer flags fluttering in the breeze.
Langtang region offers more than 4 major trekking trails namely Langtang Kyanjin Gompa Trek, Gosaikunda Lake Trek, Langtang Gosainkund Helambu Trek, Tamang Heritage Trail, Langtang Ganja La Trek and Helambu Cultural Trek. The most popular and sacred lakes in the region are: Gosainkunda, Parvatikunda, Bhairavkunda, Dudhkunda where both Hindu and Buddhist pilgrims visit on the full moon day in the month of August every year.
The region is also popular for having natural and cultural diversities with spectacular Himalayan views. Because of a wide range of altitudinal and climatic variations, different species of plants such as pine, spruce and juniper forests and endangered red panda, different kinds of deer and many species of birds are found here. Trekkers encounter warm-hearted local people, interact with them and experience their rich culture and tradition. Spring is the best time for trekking in the Langtang region. During this season one can see the forest blooming with red, pink and white rhododendron all around.
- Third popular trekking region after Annapurna & Everest
- One of the most accessible trekking regions from Kathmandu
- Enjoy a relatively short itinerary with all excitement of the Himalayas
- An ideal region to trek and experience the wonderful cultures of the native Tamangs
- Explore high-altitude lakes of Gosainkunda, Parvatikunda, Bhairavkunda & Dudhkunda
- Langtang has over 70 glaciers of varying sizes
- View Langtang and Ganesh Himal mountain ranges
Langtang Region Packages
- Helambu Circuit trek is an easy & short trip. It offers spectacular mountain scenery, Mani walls, monasteries, and Yolmo ...Duration: 9 Days
- Langtang Valley Trek to the Langtang Valley also well-known by another name “the valley of glacial masses “.The ...Duration: 9 Days
- Tamang Heritage Trail, a newly- introduced community based trek in the Langtang region offering great opportunities to experience ...Duration: 10 Days
- Langtang Gosaikunda Trek takes travelers around the far-flung but scenically beautiful Langtang valley with the high mountain lakes ...Duration: 9 Days