Upper Region of Everest, locally called Khumbu, is the second most popular trekking destination in Nepal. Located in the north east of Nepal, this region is a. conglomeration of substantial glaciers, traditional settlements, several majestic mountains that include Mt. Everest (8848 m), Cho Oyu (8156 m), Makalu (8470 m), Ama Dablam (6856 m) and many other countless snowy peaks above 6,000 meters.
Trekking to Everest region is a dream of many travelers from around the world. Everest region is a place where every traveler can explore mix of natural wonders, fascinating Sherpa culture, Tibetan Buddhism and a personal sense of achievement. In addition, one can experience the warm Nepalese hospitality being on the top of the world and for sure it makes Everest Region the world’s most unforgettable place to explore.
The Sagarmatha National park with an area over 1,148 sq. km and the altitude ranging from 3,300 m to 8,848 m. is the highest place on earth. The park is abode to various wildlife and birds that include Musk deer, Ghoral and Himalayan Thar and red-billed chough, impheyan pheasant, blood pheasant and yellow billed chough.
After a 35 minute scenic flight from Kathmandu to Lukla, trekking to Everest Base Camp begins. Namche Bazaar is the gateway to Everest Base Camp trek. Here you will spend a spare day for acclimatization. It is a beautiful town in the lap of Himalaya. Namche Bazaar and Hotel Everest View at the top of the hill offer you a fantastic view of the Himalayan Mountains.
A trek to Everest region follows the course of the Dudh Koshi river and gradually climbs through the forests of Rhododendron and Magnolia. The region lures thousands of adventure seekers to explore and experience high mountain valleys, high passes, Buddhist culture and stunning Sherpa villages on such high altitudes. Trekking to this region makes the travelers feel satisfied being at the base of Mt. Everest- the highest mountain in the world.
- A most popular and dreamed destination for trekkers and climbers
- EBC trek is the major highlight of the Everest region
- Explore, traditional Sherpa villages, culture, and hospitality
- Enjoy the sunrise and sunset views over the Himalayas from Kalapathar
- Rewarded with breathtaking views of Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Pumori, etc
- Visit the most renowned, oldest and biggest Buddhist Tengboche monastery
- Explore Nepal’s biggest Khumbu and longest Ngozumpa glaciers
- Gokyo Lake trek is the alternative of Everest base camp trek
- Crossing Kongma La, Cho La & Renjo La passes are the other attractions
- Visit Namche Bazaar - a delightful mountain town and Sherpa’s capital
- Another major highlight of the region is Sagarmatha National Park.
- Experience Helicopter flight above the Himalayas
- Combine Everest base camp trek with Peak climbing
Everest Region Packages
- Everest Base Camp trek is truly the most popular of all the treks in the world. Located at ...Duration: 14 DaysPrice: US$ 1900 1700Gokyo Renjo la Pass Trek explores and discovers two most important spots in the Everest region. It is ...Duration: 12 DaysPikey Danda Trek is named after a sacred and holy Pikey Peak,one of the best view point ...Duration: 11 DaysEverest Three High Passes Trek, one of Nepal’s most popular and challenging treks taking you over some ...Duration: 20 DaysEverest Panorama Trek is ideal for those who have a short holiday in Nepal but want fantastic mountain ...Duration: 9 DaysGokyo Valley Trek is one of the traditional and popular treks that offers breathtaking views of the mountain ...Duration: 14 Days