The Annapurna region is situated in the north of central Nepal bordering the Kaligandaki river to the west, the Marshyangdi & Dudh Khola valley to the east, the Pokhara valley to the south and the Himalayan range that runs along the Nepal-Tibet (China) border to the north. The region introduces us Nepalese spectacular natural and cultural diversity at its best: diverse ethnic groups, a wide range of terrain, wooded alpine pastures from sub tropical rainforests, hidden valleys, the deepest gorge of the world. Beautiful Gurung, Manangi and Thakli villages and their diverse culture and lifestyle add extra charm to the trekkers in the region.
The Annapurna Conservation Area Project-ACAP with an area of 7,629km. is rich in natural beauty, flora and fauna. Annapurna Circuit and Annapurna Base camp are regarded as one of the best trekking trails in the world according to the geographical survey conducted by Modern Maturity, an US- based research organization. Ghandruk and Ghorepani trekking offers panoramic view of the Annapurna ranges with eye- catching blossom of rhododendrons in the hills. One should not miss to explore Tilicho Lake (4,919m) located at the south-east of Jomsom and the most popular Hindu religious site called Muktinath Temple.
Trekking across the entire Annapurna Himalayan range, in the north and west of the forbidden kingdom of Mustang is extraordinarily worth visiting. For the first time trekkers, Annapurna region could be the best option of all the trekking routes in Nepal to explore easy to remote areas and experience lifestyle of different ethnic groups, tradition, culture and food.
Beautiful sunrise view from PoonHill, the natural hot spring at Tatopani, huge wilderness plateau of Kagbeni and Mustang, the famous pilgrimage Muktinath Temple, exciting adventure through Thorong La pass, scared lake of Damodar kund and Annapurna Base Camp are the major highlights of the Annapurna region.
- One of the most popular regions
- Featuring beautiful natural scenery & hill culture
- About two- thirds of the trekkers tend to trek in this region
- Easy accessibility, plentiful teahouses, amazing mountain view
- Diverse ethnic culture, tradition and lifestyle
- Majestic mountain view of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri Himal
- Popular treks are on well-beaten tracks except few ones
Annapurna Region Packages
- The Annapurna Circuit Trek is one of the most popular trekking routes in the world. Himalayan Global Expedition ...Duration: 14 DaysPrice: US$ 1800 1600Annapurna Base Camp Trek is a high glacial basin, which looks like an oval-shaped plateau, at an altitude ...Duration: 13 DaysPrice: US$ 1200 1050Ghorepani Poonhill Trek is the best choice for you which is a relatively easy and very popular trek ...Duration: 9 Days